From Canes to Chiefs

C.B. Hanif

Coach Bradden and his mom during the Canes’ Sports Banquet in May 2016.

Terry Bradden, the 2015-2016 head football coach and athletic director at Inlet Grove, who this year became became a Bethune-Cookman University assistant coach, has many of his former students congratulating him for going from high school coach to college assistant coach in two years.

“He’s like my dad, honestly, and I’m so happy for him,” said Voshon Jackson, a former athlete of his, who just broke the Royal Palm Beach High School record of over 700 rushing yards that season after playing for Coach Bradden. “I benefited from him being my coach.”

Coach Bradden himself is a former Inlet Grove student. He said returned to coach and to “get them out of their losing slump and give back to where it all started” for him.

He became Bethune-Cookman University’s quarterback coach in a year under BCU Coach Terry Sims.

“To be under head coach Terry Sims’ leadership at BCU is an honor,” Coach Bradden told The Palm Beach Post. The team went 4-6 in the regular season, and 4-4 in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference in his first year as an assistant.

“He’s on to bigger better things and I think this is for the best,” said Curtis Bunch Jr.,  another ex-player from Coach Bradden’s 2015-16 year, who talks about him as a father figure. “He’s like a dad to me and we wish him the best.”

Inlet Groves 2015/16 head football coach and athletic director Terry Bradden, has many students congratulating him from going to a high school coach to a college assistant coach in two years.

“He’s like my dad honestly, and I’m so happy for him,” said Voshon Jackson an old athlete if his, who just broke the Royal Palm Beach high school, record for yards the season after playing for Coach Terry Bradden. “I benefited from him being my coach.”

Bradden was once a student at Inlet Grove. He returned to become a coach and to ‘get them out of their losing slump and give back to where it all started for him,’ he said.

Coach Terry Bradden became Bethune-Cookman University’s quarterback coach in a year under Coach Terry Sims’. The team went 4 – 6 in the regular season, and 4-4 in the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference within his first year as assistant coach.

“To be under head coach Terry Sims’ leadership at BCU is an honor,” Bradden said a year ago as seen verbatim in PalmBeachPost.com.

“He’s on to bigger better things and I think this is for the best,” said Curtis bunch Jr. an ex- player of coach Bradden’s 2015-16 year. Bunch talks about him as a father figure, “hes like a dad to me and we wish him the best.”