Forecasting Events
  • 2/1 Start of Black History Month
  • 2/25 Car Show
  • 2/26 Multicultural Club Spirit Week
  • 2/28 Mental Health Symposium
  • 2/29 Leap Year
  • 3/9 SAT
πšƒπ™·π™΄ πš‚πšƒπš„π™³π™΄π™½πšƒ π™½π™΄πš†πš‚ πš‚π™Έπšƒπ™΄ 𝙾𝙡 π™Έπ™½π™»π™΄πšƒ π™Άπšπ™Ύπš…π™΄ π™²π™Ύπ™Όπ™Όπš„π™½π™Έπšƒπšˆ 𝙷𝙸𝙢𝙷 πš‚π™²π™·π™Ύπ™Ύπ™»

MELANIN HUES: Honoring the closure of Black History Month, the Multicultural Club kicks off spirit week with students wearing various shades of brown to demonstrate the wide-range of tones black people come in.
Photo of the Day: Diverse palette
Keren Joseph, Photo Editor
READY TO RUN: The track team left school around 1:40 p.m. to head to their first event at John I. Leonard High School after practicing Monday - Thursday and sometimes on the weekends.
Canes first meet
Jessica Bureau, Co-editor
COFFEE AWARD WALL: Accomplishments  work from students in Web Design.
Mr. Martinez
AT LAST: Shyanne Paul, an early admin student, makes an appearance in Mr. Hanifs class to retrieve her trophy. Shyanne received a third place trophy for her essay in the 2024 MLK essay contest. She was among the three seniors who placed in the contest.
Photo of the Day: Fashionably Late
A'Keria Johnson, Staff Writer
Diary of Hate
Websterline Aristilde, Staff Writer
Moline Charles
Moline Charles
Photo Editor
Jeanie Auguste
Jeanie Auguste
Entertainment Editor

Hurricanes vs. Hurricanes

The Inlet Grove Hurricanes defeated the Somerset Prep Hurricanes on Friday for the Canes’ first victory in three games this year

Canes wide receiver Zion Willis ran in for a touchdown at 4:05 of the first quarter after rain showers made for a slow and slippery beginning. The extra kick was no good, but the Canes led 6-0.

Canes running back Carl Boldin III ran in for a score shortly after at the 1:04 mark. A flag was thrown on the play, but the refs decided the touchdown was good. The extra point kick was not, leaving the Canes up 12-0.

The Somerset Prep Hurricanes then ran in for a touchdown with 48.7 seconds left. The extra kick was blocked, ending the first quarter with The Canes leading 12-6.

Boldin ran in for another touchdown five minutes into the second quarter. The two-point conversion was good, putting Coach Rashad Jackson’s team up 20-6.

Boldin was on a roll, running in for another touchdown at the 5:38 mark. With the two-point conversion the Canes led 28-6. Another Canes touchdown and conversion kick followed, ending the first half scoring with the Canes leading 35-6.

Inlet Grove kept the visiting Hurricanes scoreless during the last half of the game with a strong defensive line.

The Canes ran in for another touchdown at 11:31 of the 4th quarter, but the extra-kick was blocked, leaving the final score 41-6, and the Canes’ record at 1-2 for the year.

View Comments (3)