Forecasting Events
  • 3/1 Start of Women's History Month
  • 3/9 SAT
  • 3/10 Daylight Savings Time
πšƒπ™·π™΄ πš‚πšƒπš„π™³π™΄π™½πšƒ π™½π™΄πš†πš‚ πš‚π™Έπšƒπ™΄ 𝙾𝙡 π™Έπ™½π™»π™΄πšƒ π™Άπšπ™Ύπš…π™΄ π™²π™Ύπ™Όπ™Όπš„π™½π™Έπšƒπšˆ 𝙷𝙸𝙢𝙷 πš‚π™²π™·π™Ύπ™Ύπ™»

REPRESENT: Coming to the end of Black History Month and the fourth day of Spirit Week, Mr. Sutton, a History teacher, shows out in his FAMU jersey for HBCU day.
Photo of the Day 2: Venomous scholars
Keren Joseph, Photo Editor
SEEK THROUGH: For the 2nd Black History Month assembly, Breyana Brown, a 12th grader, and 10th grader A’mila Burey played mother and daughter roles advocating the beauty of black skin and hair.
Photo of the Day: Beat the words
Alaja Depina, Communication Chief
STYLISH WAYS: Energetic bops contrasting with elegant blues; students, such as Rhianna Enis and Dina Medellus, demonstrating their diverse styles on the third day of Spirit Week to fit the theme jazz vs hip-hop.
Photo of the Day: Harmony and beats
Alaja Depina, Communication Chief
SPEEDY: The track team had their second meet of the year at Dwyer High School on Feb. 27.
A mile away
Shataha Civil, Staff Writer
LINE UP: People went to various tables to ask questions or to find out more information about each program.
Discussion of dyslexia
Alaja Depina, Communication Chief
Jeanie Auguste
Jeanie Auguste
Entertainment Editor
Moline Charles
Moline Charles
Photo Editor

Map of memories

Terry Louisdor
BACK IN TIME: An illustration demonstrating the gameplay of players descending from the Battle Bus onto the map, which contains numerous places to land on.

Fortnite is a video game developed by Epic Games and was released in 2017.

The game could be played on different types of consoles, such as PlayStation, gaming PC, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch. Using these platforms, players can take part in a Battle Royale where they go against other people online and try to obtain the last kill to win, whether with squads, trios, duos, or solos.

The development of the game grew so much throughout the years, and within that course of time, the game added new features and new skins. With numerous additions made to the game, many fans complained, stating they wanted the β€œold” Fortnite back.

Older fans wanted to feel the nostalgia of playing the game again. In response to their fans, Fortnite listened and made a big announcement of releasing the original map, a move that sparked excitement and anticipation among players.

This circulated everywhere, and everyone was preparing for the new release on Nov. 3.

The original map featured iconic locations such as Greasy Grove, Flush Factory, Shifty Shafts, Tilted Towers, Loot Lake, Pleasant Park, Lazy Lakes, Tomato Temple, and more. With the upcoming update, players can relive the past of season by season. Scheduled to end on Dec. 2, the entire month of November will serve as a nostalgic journey, revisiting past seasons. This was a smart move from Epic Games because it rekindled many memories within the Fortnite community.

There was also a theory going around about the first Fortnite cover, where the skins are behind a wall in battle. The cover that is shown today reveals what’s happening behind the wall, which is a very genius idea.

Over 44.7 million people have joined to play this game, and according to live stats, more than 6.1 million players were simultaneously enjoying the game at once.