Forecasting Events
  • 4/17 LPN Application Day
  • 4/20 Prom!
The Student News Site Of Inlet Grove High School

DEVELOPING: In preparation for their upcoming showcase on May 3, Drama Club students, such as Jayla Moore, Ana Sofia Restrepo, and Kaylee Carlow, are practicing a skit created by Ms. Frank.
Photo of the Day 2: Behind the scenes
Ashley Dorantes, Staff Writer
KID TAKE OVER: Coach Fritz brought his 5 year old daughter, Elise Fritz, for Bring Your Child to Work Day and watched as she showed him the new cut she had made while running the 5K with his students.
Photo of the Day: Mini trainer
Keren Joseph, Photo Editor
ENJOYING OUTDOORS: Alexander Bairaktaris, a Senior in the Medical Academy, takes time for himself sitting outside of Building 5.
Photo of the Day: Alone time
Sofia Jervis, Staff Writer
SJW: Freedom of the press
SJW: Freedom of the press
Alaja Depina, Communications Chief
SJW: Freedom of Religion
SJW: Freedom of Religion
JayShawn Talmadge, Staff Writer
Elijah Goring
Elijah Goring
Staff Writer
Jeanie Auguste
Jeanie Auguste
Entertainment Editor
Keren Joseph
Keren Joseph
Photo Editor
Alaja Depina
Alaja Depina
Communication Chief

Map of memories

Terry Louisdor
BACK IN TIME: An illustration demonstrating the gameplay of players descending from the Battle Bus onto the map, which contains numerous places to land on.

Fortnite is a video game developed by Epic Games and was released in 2017.

The game could be played on different types of consoles, such as PlayStation, gaming PC, Xbox, and Nintendo Switch. Using these platforms, players can take part in a Battle Royale where they go against other people online and try to obtain the last kill to win, whether with squads, trios, duos, or solos.

The development of the game grew so much throughout the years, and within that course of time, the game added new features and new skins. With numerous additions made to the game, many fans complained, stating they wanted the “old” Fortnite back.

Older fans wanted to feel the nostalgia of playing the game again. In response to their fans, Fortnite listened and made a big announcement of releasing the original map, a move that sparked excitement and anticipation among players.

This circulated everywhere, and everyone was preparing for the new release on Nov. 3.

The original map featured iconic locations such as Greasy Grove, Flush Factory, Shifty Shafts, Tilted Towers, Loot Lake, Pleasant Park, Lazy Lakes, Tomato Temple, and more. With the upcoming update, players can relive the past of season by season. Scheduled to end on Dec. 2, the entire month of November will serve as a nostalgic journey, revisiting past seasons. This was a smart move from Epic Games because it rekindled many memories within the Fortnite community.

There was also a theory going around about the first Fortnite cover, where the skins are behind a wall in battle. The cover that is shown today reveals what’s happening behind the wall, which is a very genius idea.

Over 44.7 million people have joined to play this game, and according to live stats, more than 6.1 million players were simultaneously enjoying the game at once.