Forecasting Events
  • 5/27 Memorial Day
  • 5/28 Canesfest
  • 5/30 Last Day of School
The Student News Site Of Inlet Grove High School

12 YEARS LATER: The senior class of 2024 have reached a milestone in their life, as they reflect on all the growth, work, and achievements throughout their k-12 experience. Family, friends, and many more have gathered together to celebrate this last chapter of an era with tears of joy, and laughter.
To new beginnings
Jessica Bureau, Co-Editor
The uncovering
Lovely Marcelus, Photo Editor
ONE DOWN, FOUR TO GO:  Students participate in a Mental Health Week exercise hosted by Ms. Potter in Room 101 during lunch, earning one of the five Get Your Green On stamps needed to earn a raffle ticket.
Photo of the Day: Mindful Monday
Andrew Mongerard, Staff Writer
STAR OF THE NIGHT: Historian Karma McLeod (Right) honors Danjel Saint-Fleur with a Medal for graduating with his Associate of Arts (AA) degree from Palm Beach State College, at Senior Awards Night, held in the auditorium.
Photo of the Day: Awards and recognition
Jessica Bureau, Co-Editor
Stop motion films
Stop motion films
Lovely Marcelus
Lovely Marcelus
Photo Editor
Keren Joseph
Keren Joseph
Photo Editor

SJW: Power of the Press

SJW: Power of the Press Jessica Bureau

Question 4 of the Week: What are the top two Social media platforms teenagers use today? (Answer at the bottom of the article.) 

Media and Press

Media consists of all channels of communication from newspaper to digital information. Press are the people including photographers, and reporters for news websites, newspapers and magazines. 

Evolution

Throughout the centuries, the platform of media has changed overtime. The use of advanced technology, and communication skills has changed the way people produce, share and take in news stories in today’s society. 

In the Pre-Industrial era, people’s communication was very limited to handwritten letters, newspapers, books, and most importantly, face-to-face interactions. The Industrial Revolution era that occurred roughly around the 18 and 19th centuries marked significant changes to media exposure. Printing press allowed widespread use of newspapers, while radio and theater emerged. The 21st century marked a big transformation in production today. Due to mobile/digital technology, people are allowed to create content through multiple platforms and are able to receive news anywhere and anytime.

Importance 

Many news sources are used as primary sources where people around the world get information involving political, social, and economic problems. It also provides different viewpoints where people can openly debate about open ended topics. 

The media exposes people to documentaries, programs and many more. It allows individuals to  promote business ideas and meet new people. 

Overall, the Power of the Press gives the public diverse information, influences, promotes, and educates people around the world. 

Question 4 of the Week: What are the top 2 Social media platforms teenagers use today? Answer: Youtube and TikTok.