Forecasting Events
The Student News Site Of Inlet Grove High School

GRADUATES: The class of 2024 went on a yearly graduation trip to Universal Studios.
Gradventure
TO THE FINISH LINE: Juniors and seniors received their yearbook for the 2023-2024 school year in Mrs. Kims office. After receiving them, students looked through past events and let their friends and classmates sign as a way of remembrance   Photographed above  senior Evangeline Mele is seen looking through the newly released yearbook.
Photo of the Day: Past chapters
Lovely Marcelus, Photo Editor
DEVELOPING: In preparation for their upcoming showcase on May 3, Drama Club students, such as Jayla Moore, Ana Sofia Restrepo, and Kaylee Carlow, are practicing a skit created by Ms. Frank.
Photo of the Day 2: Behind the scenes
Ashley Dorantes, Staff Writer
KID TAKE OVER: Coach Fritz brought his 5 year old daughter, Elise Fritz, for Bring Your Child to Work Day and watched as she showed him the new cut she had made while running the 5K with his students.
Photo of the Day: Mini trainer
Keren Joseph, Photo Editor
ENJOYING OUTDOORS: Alexander Bairaktaris, a Senior in the Medical Academy, takes time for himself sitting outside of Building 5.
Photo of the Day: Alone time
Sofia Jervis, Staff Writer
Moline Charles
Moline Charles
Photo Editor
Jeanie Auguste
Jeanie Auguste
Entertainment Editor
Lovely Marcelus
Lovely Marcelus
Photo Editor

SJW: Power of the Press

Jessica Bureau

Question 4 of the Week: What are the top two Social media platforms teenagers use today? (Answer at the bottom of the article.) 

Media and Press

Media consists of all channels of communication from newspaper to digital information. Press are the people including photographers, and reporters for news websites, newspapers and magazines. 

Evolution

Throughout the centuries, the platform of media has changed overtime. The use of advanced technology, and communication skills has changed the way people produce, share and take in news stories in today’s society. 

In the Pre-Industrial era, people’s communication was very limited to handwritten letters, newspapers, books, and most importantly, face-to-face interactions. The Industrial Revolution era that occurred roughly around the 18 and 19th centuries marked significant changes to media exposure. Printing press allowed widespread use of newspapers, while radio and theater emerged. The 21st century marked a big transformation in production today. Due to mobile/digital technology, people are allowed to create content through multiple platforms and are able to receive news anywhere and anytime.

Importance 

Many news sources are used as primary sources where people around the world get information involving political, social, and economic problems. It also provides different viewpoints where people can openly debate about open ended topics. 

The media exposes people to documentaries, programs and many more. It allows individuals to  promote business ideas and meet new people. 

Overall, the Power of the Press gives the public diverse information, influences, promotes, and educates people around the world. 

Question 4 of the Week: What are the top 2 Social media platforms teenagers use today? Answer: Youtube and TikTok.