Forecasting Events
  • 5/27 Memorial Day
  • 5/28 Canesfest
  • 5/30 Last Day of School
The Student News Site Of Inlet Grove High School

Movie Review: Inside Out 2
Movie Review: Inside Out 2
Jeanie Auguste, Entertainment Editor
CAPTURING THE TASTE: On March 28, the Culinary Academy served appetizers to guests and students with many different flavors and styles in the Media Center for the Career Showcase. They were one of the best groups representing their career,  said Keren Joseph, a junior in the Medical Academy.
It’s all about food
Amanda Alcema, Food Editor
SUNDAE FUNDAY: On Valentines Day, Feb. 14, students who have earned 500 or more HERO points can receive one ice cream during lunch from Culinary students. The topping selection included sliced bananas, whipped cream, Oreo crumbs, sprinkles, cherries, and chocolate syrup.
Scooping up the reward
Amanda Alcema, Food Editor
Take a bite
Take a bite
Amanda Alcema, Food Editor
THE CANES WERE THERE: To end the school year, the Multimedia team took a field trip to Wekiwa Springs State Park to enjoy its crystal-clear waters and long, winding nature trails after another successful year of publications.
Outdoor retreat
Jessica Bureau, Co Editor

Lyrical Showdown

Lyrical Showdown
gq.com

There have been some scandals in the music industry between hip-hop’s biggest stars, specifically Kendrick Lamar and Drake.

Kendrick Lamar is a Compton rapper who has compelling rhymes and is named one of the best rappers of our generation. In his music, he tackles big topics like police brutality, black self-worth, and his internal conflicts. He became the first hip-hop artist to win the Pulitzer Prize for music.

Drake is a Canadian musician with a blend of rap and R&B that made him successful. He is among his multi-platinum hits, such as Hotline Bling, One Dance, and Hold On We’re Going Home.

Kendrick started the rap battle with a song named Control in 2013. Drake took it personally and responded to the song in an interview, then Kendrick dissed Drake on BET the Cypher later that year. Since then they’ve been going back and forth.

It started between the three, Drake, Kendrick, and J Cole. J Cole backed out of that commotion and apologized to Kendrick Lamar for dissing him on his song “7 Minute Drill,” because he didn’t want beef.

The song that set off this particular chapter of the Drake–versus–Kendrick Lamar beef was the song “Like That,” from Future, Metro Boomin, and Lamar. In the song, Lamar dismisses the notion that he’s in a “Big Three” with Drake and J. Cole, rapping, “It’s just big me.” He also compares himself and Drake to Prince and Michael Jackson, respectively, rapping, “Prince outlived Mike Jack.”

The songs that were made to go back and forth in this battle between the two hip-hop stars were “Push Ups” by Drake (April 13, 2024), “Taylor Made Freestyle” by Drake (April 19, 2024), “Euphoria” by Kendrick Lamar (April 30, 2024), “6:16 in LA,” by Kendrick Lamar (May 3, 2024), “Family Matters,” by Drake (May 3, 2024), “Meet the Grahams,” by Kendrick Lamar (May 4, 2024), “Not Like Us,” by Kendrick Lamar (May 4, 2024), and “The Heart Part 6,” by Drake (May 5, 2024).

Kendrick and Drake continued to battle through lyrics, throwing out accusations against each other. Kendrick states that Drake hangs out with pedophiles, has a secret daughter, doesn’t take care of his son who is called Adonis, etc.

Drake also stated in his songs that Kendrick is a wife beater, got molested, Kendrick fed fake information about his “secret daughter”, He also called out other well-known rappers who were dissing him as well.

At first, I heard about the battle between them through TikTok because they gave all the details and all the news on that app.

I was in shock by the lyrics by Kendrick Lamar stating that Drake has a daughter whom nobody knows about. Kendrick states, “Baby girl, I’m sorry that your father is not active inside your world.” The song is called Meet the Grahams.

That made me tune in more onto what is going on, even Drake dropped a diss in response to him which is called The Heart Part 6.

This has many people talking about it, even going to school, the students are speaking about it in the halls, and on the bus. It is a very interesting topic because everyone loves listening to music and so do I.

In my opinion, Kendrick is not holding back so far, and his music is amazing in general. My friend thinks Drake is just better. She is an extreme fan of his and thinks that he will always be better than any artist.

I love Drake so much. I have been to both the concerts he had down here. You even got me Drake flowers for my birthday and I’ll cherish those Drake flowers for as long as I live, Drake is my man for life I’m listening to him right now as we speak,” Klaryssa Moyse from Somerset Academy Canyons said.

It is a very hard battle between the two because they are phenomenal singers. Hearing both of the tracks has had me just sitting there questioning when this is gonna end because it seems to be getting deeper and deeper into their past and trauma.