Freshmen guide to survival

It’s true what a senior told me in my freshman year: “Today you’re a freshman and tomorrow you’re a senior.”

Now that I’m a senior, I’ve got some tips for you freshmen.

First as a freshman it’s important to be outgoing, meeting new people for the first time. It’s also important to surround yourself with good people, and last it’s important to get your GPA high.

It’s important to be an outgoing person, because some of your peers you see now might be with you all of your four years. Not only is it important to be outgoing, its also important to be your self. For you shy freshman, don’t worry, just think of positive stuff to uplift your spirit. Being yourself is the best way to attract the right people. I my self used to be shy, so I had to force myself out of the comfort zone and keep a positive attitude.

Iron sharpens iron. Surrounding yourself with people who are positive, with the same goals and dreams, will help you reach your goals. One of the main reasons why I was able to keep my grades up was because, I hung around people who were academically smart. Hanging around positive or negative people will influence how you live, what your goals are, and how your mindset is. Not only is it important to be around the right people, but also to be around good upperclassmen, who will give you good advice.

If I could go back to my freshman year, I would have focused on getting my work done, getting my GPA as high as I could get it, and also to interact with great people.

One thing I wish I had done is get involved in different clubs, such as the Key Club, Student Government Association and National Honor Society.

As a freshman it’s important to find good friends, because these friends are going to influence you in a good or bad way.

For you freshman out there, this will be your one and only ninth grade year. So have fun, take care of responsibilities, and take advantage of any good opportunity.

Today you’re a freshman, and tomorrow you’re a senior.