SAC Report: Another day, another parent

Inlet Grove CEO Emma Banks emphasized the need to support the upcoming annual My Teacher My Hero scholarship awards gala during the second Student Advisory Council (SAC) meeting of the year.

The SAC, primarily composed of parents working to improve the school, discussed getting more participation from parents as well needed sponsorship support during theย Oct. 10ย meetingย in the media center.

โ€œTheir child is part of the school, they should be as well,โ€ saidย Judith Lawrence, the SAC president, inย stressing the importance ofย parent involvement in ensuring student success.

This year the My Teacher My Hero Awards Gala, which financesย scholarships for graduating seniors, is set for May 20, 2017. The black tie/evening gown event willย featureย keynoteย speaker Grace Byers, who stars as Anika Calhoun on the hit FOX series Empire.

Regular tickets are $150, and advance tickets $125 before Dec. 24, for the event at the Palm Beach County Convention Center in West Palm Beach.ย For more information visit myteachermyhero.org or contact Lauren Kellerย atย 561-881-4602.

Among othersย who attended wereย Assistant Principal Mysykowski;ย Assistant Principals Mr. Lopez and Mr. McDermott;ย  Teacher Representative Ms. Reyes; ย Mr. Baker, student affairs officer;ย Mr. Valliere, testing coordinator;ย substitute teacher Ms. Samad;ย Community Rep. Danielle Powell;ย Debra Mittleman,ย Keiser Universityย community relations coordinator;ย andย Student Representative Tanoy Thames.

The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 17.ย โ€œDonโ€™t fail to pass the word on,โ€ Ms. Lawrence said.