Finding their paths

Canes Pathfinder nominees 2017

Paul Razza

THEY REPRESENTED: The Hurricanes’ 2017 Pathfinder Award nominees (from left), Linedjie Joseph, Alex Cote and Joudelyne Altidor, are all smiles during their March 8 interviews at Palm Beach Atlantic University. “The experience reminded me to take a leap of faith and remember that it’s not always about winning but simply trying and being part of something great,” said Joseph, Inlet Grove’s Forensics/Speech nominee. Altidor, the Canes’ Academic Excellence nominee, added, “It was great to see all of the top high school seniors come together to try to earn something for themselves and for their schools. It’s good to be exposed to being judged so you understand that your performance does matter. Students who choose to follow the path of success and challenge should definitely participate.” Final recognition in the area’s biggest program honoring outstanding students, with college scholarships starting at $4,000 for first-place winners, will be presented at the Pathfinder Awards ceremony, Wednesday, May 17 at the Kravis Center.