Inlet Grove among tops in nation

RANKING+HIGH%3A+Inlet+Grove+is+recognized+among+the+top+2%2C000%2C+or+top+7+percent%2C+of+high+schools+in+the+nation%2C+according+to+US+News+and+World+Report.+

Courtesy usnews.com

RANKING HIGH: Inlet Grove is recognized among the top 2,000, or top 7 percent, of high schools in the nation, according to US News and World Report.

Inlet Grove Community High School ranks among the top 2,000 high schools in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report.

Of the 12 Palm Beach County schools to earn such recognition, two are charter schools — G-Star School of the Arts and Inlet Grove.

Inlet Grove is the only Title I school among the county’s dozen, in addition to its top 7 percent nationwide ranking.

That kind of recognition, said Francisco Lopez, the 11th grade assistant principal, confirms all the efforts to make Inlet Grove the best high school in Palm Beach County.

“I am very proud to be part of the Inlet Grove family,” said Mr. Lopez. “Our faculty works diligently to prepare our students academically. Our administration made strategic decisions to improve our deficiencies without neglecting our strengths.”

This year U.S. News and World Report gave greater weight to the extent to which schools offer students college-level courses and exams, according to The Palm Beach Post.

The annual ranking of the nation’s 22,000 public, private and charter schools factors in the student-to-teacher ratio, the success of disadvantaged students such as minorities or low-income families, versus statewide graduation rates, as well as the college readiness of students based on their statewide math and reading assessments.

Arizona’s BASIS Scottsdale charter school ranked as nation’s best; Sarasota County’s Pine View school for gifted students topped Florida’s. Palm Beach County’s Suncoast High and Dreyfoos School of the Arts placed in the top 100. The county’s top high schools in the order of their ranking:

Suncoast High #53

Dreyfoos School of the Arts #78

Boca Raton High #566

Spanish River High #766

Jupiter High #902

West Boca Raton High #1,089

Atlantic High #1,122

Olympic Heights High #1,142

G-Star School of the Arts, #1,255

Park Vista High #1,334

Wellington High #1,592

Inlet Grove High #1,957