• Congratulations to Mr. Petty, November's Teacher of the Month!

• Boys Soccer vs. Dreyfoos @ 8:00 PM on Wed., Nov. 14

• Lady Canes Soccer vs. Dreyfoos @ 6:00 PM on Wed., Nov. 14

• Lady Canes Basketball @ Hebrew Academy on Thurs., Nov. 15

• First basketball game of the season is Nov 19.

Football season 2K18

THE PAYOFF: After a summer of hard work followed by after school practice the Hurricanes defeated Somerset Academy 18-2 in their home opener Aug. 24.

Inlet Grove’s football team began training in March and continued throughout the summer preparing for the new season with their new Coach and Athletic Director Robert McKay.

They also began their season with a 18-2 defeat of Somerset Academy at home Aug. 24.

“It’s a great coaching staff with a lot of experience and knowledge to help us win,” said senior Robert Santiago, who plays center on offense and tackle on defense.

“Yes, the new head coach is training us hard to get as many wins as possible,” added Darvens Dormevil. A sophomore on the team for his second year, he plays defensive end as well as tackle and back-up center.

Since last season the IGHS football team has grown significantly, according to a Thursday, April 26th report by Palm Beach Post Staff Writer Jodie Wagner titled “Inlet Grove new football coach faces big challenge.”

“McKay, who arrived in Riviera Beach three weeks ago, faces a big challenge in rebuilding an Inlet Grove program that has struggled recently,” Wagner wrote. “But McKay is confident he’ll bring enthusiasm back to the program, and has built up his roster from 15 players to 24.”

Coach McKay not only has recruited more players. Players say he also has greatly improved his team. “From spring I’m better conditioned,” said Santiago.

Some of the players have also set personal goals for themselves to keep their head in the game. Wide receiver Trenard Gains said, “My goal is to get five touchdowns and 100 receiving yards.” He proceeded to catch a pass for his team’s first TD of the season.

Senior Alphonzo Mcclain, a transfer from Palm Beach Central High School who is playing wide receiver and defensive back, has also set his goal for the season. “I’m really just trying to play the best season I ever played and … go to the playoffs.”

Their season continues as they host Berean Christian on Friday, Aug. 31.

About the Contributors
Kristha Zapata-Palacios, Staff Writer

Hey, my name is Kristha, I’m a junior in the Marine Technologies Academy. I love traveling to new places and being with my friends and family. After I graduate high school and college, I want to become a marine biologist in the U.S. Coast Guard.

Brianna Luberisse, Editor-in-Chief

Greetings earthlings, my name is Brianna but you can call me Bri or B. I am a Junior in the Journalism Academy. Aside from belching Beyonce songs, I like to help people, take pictures and travel. I am currently writing a book on a child’s perspective of life and hope in the future to edit and publish it. Give respect and get respect is my motto. I hope one day to travel the world and see different cultures. I am a Leader not a follower and I pave a way for others to grow. I love my life and hope to live it to the fullest.

1 Comment

One Response to “Football season 2K18”

1. Marquevia Patterson on September 6th, 2018 9:27 am

Good job on the pictures and the story is great!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Football season 2K18

News

A woman’s place is on Capitol Hill

• Football season 2K18

News

Thanksgiving drive

• Football season 2K18

Maritime Tech

Fishing Friday

• Football season 2K18

Juniors

University of Florida

• Football season 2K18

School News

Feeling peppy?

• Football season 2K18

Featured Photos

Friday Fun Day

• Football season 2K18

Featured Photos

Photo of the Day: Rest in peace

• Football season 2K18

School News

Halloween tips n’ tricks

• Football season 2K18

Featured Photos

Playoffs celebration

• Football season 2K18

Careers

Canes visit Congress

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝚃𝚄𝙳𝙴𝙽𝚃 𝙽𝙴𝚆𝚂 𝚂𝙸𝚃𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝙸𝙽𝙻𝙴𝚃 𝙶𝚁𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙼𝚄𝙽𝙸𝚃𝚈 𝙷𝙸𝙶𝙷 𝚂𝙲𝙷𝙾𝙾𝙻
Football season 2K18