• Annual Sports Banquet: Apr. 25@ Inlet Cafeteria.RSVP:See Coach McKay or Coach Donavan

• New episode of Hurricanes Speak has been posted, click the SoundCloud Link to listen

• If accepted to FAU sign up for event on Friday March 22 or Friday March 29. See Ms. B for more info

• Senior prom: April 13th, RSVP in room 505 to attend

• Check out our new podcast, Hurricanes Speak

Football season 2K18

Inlet Grove’s football team began training in March and continued throughout the summer preparing for the new season with their new Coach and Athletic Director Robert McKay.

They also began their season with a 18-2 defeat of Somerset Academy at home Aug. 24.

“It’s a great coaching staff with a lot of experience and knowledge to help us win,” said senior Robert Santiago, who plays center on offense and tackle on defense.

“Yes, the new head coach is training us hard to get as many wins as possible,” added Darvens Dormevil. A sophomore on the team for his second year, he plays defensive end as well as tackle and back-up center.

Since last season the IGHS football team has grown significantly, according to a Thursday, April 26th report by Palm Beach Post Staff Writer Jodie Wagner titled “Inlet Grove new football coach faces big challenge.”

“McKay, who arrived in Riviera Beach three weeks ago, faces a big challenge in rebuilding an Inlet Grove program that has struggled recently,” Wagner wrote. “But McKay is confident he’ll bring enthusiasm back to the program, and has built up his roster from 15 players to 24.”

Coach McKay not only has recruited more players. Players say he also has greatly improved his team. “From spring I’m better conditioned,” said Santiago.

Some of the players have also set personal goals for themselves to keep their head in the game. Wide receiver Trenard Gains said, “My goal is to get five touchdowns and 100 receiving yards.” He proceeded to catch a pass for his team’s first TD of the season.

Senior Alphonzo Mcclain, a transfer from Palm Beach Central High School who is playing wide receiver and defensive back, has also set his goal for the season. “I’m really just trying to play the best season I ever played and … go to the playoffs.”

Their season continues as they host Berean Christian on Friday, Aug. 31.

About the Contributors
Kristha Zapata-Palacios, Co-Editor

Hey, my name is Kristha, I'm a junior in the Marine Technologies Academy. I love traveling to new places and being with my friends and family. After I...

Brianna Luberisse, Editor-in-Chief

Greetings earthlings, my name is Brianna but you can call me Bri or B. I am a Junior in the Journalism Academy. Aside from belching Beyonce songs, I like...

1 Comment

One Response to “Football season 2K18”

1. Marquevia Patterson on September 6th, 2018 9:27 am

Good job on the pictures and the story is great!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Football season 2K18

School News

Where is Mr. Myszkowski going on vacation?

• Football season 2K18

Features

Photo of the Day: National High Five Day

• Football season 2K18

Entertainment

Attention dancers

• Football season 2K18

School News

Be There or Be Square

• Football season 2K18

Careers

Future engineers

• Football season 2K18

News

Congratulations Canes

• Football season 2K18

Juniors

Senior pictures ready for c/o 2020

• Football season 2K18

Multimedia

Visit from the Bell

• Football season 2K18

Careers

Canes cover Chamber of Commerce

• Football season 2K18

Culinary

Sharpen your knives

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝚃𝚄𝙳𝙴𝙽𝚃 𝙽𝙴𝚆𝚂 𝚂𝙸𝚃𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝙸𝙽𝙻𝙴𝚃 𝙶𝚁𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙼𝚄𝙽𝙸𝚃𝚈 𝙷𝙸𝙶𝙷 𝚂𝙲𝙷𝙾𝙾𝙻
Football season 2K18