• Congratulations to Mr. Petty, November's Teacher of the Month!

• Boys Soccer vs. Dreyfoos @ 8:00 PM on Wed., Nov. 14

• Lady Canes Soccer vs. Dreyfoos @ 6:00 PM on Wed., Nov. 14

• Lady Canes Basketball @ Hebrew Academy on Thurs., Nov. 15

• First basketball game of the season is Nov 19.

Canes lightning delay

Brianna Luberisse, Karla Salvador, Aisha Justima, C.B. Hanif

Hurricanes took a 14-7 halftime lead to a on their way to a 20-7 victory against Berean Christian School.

Berean scored the first touchdown after an Inlet Grove fumble and kicked the extra point for a 7-0 lead.

Inlet’s Alonso McClain returned a Berean fumble for the Canes first score, and the Canes ran for the two-point conversion.

Manphanee Holmes scored the Canes second touchdown for the 14-7 lead at halftime.

For the second game the defense was dominant.

Manphanee Holmes threw a touchdown pass to Saneal Reynolds for 20-7 lead at the 6: 30 mark in the third quarter.

Fans were electric sliding during the 20 min lightning break.

Hotdogs, burgers drinks and other snacks were sold at the concession by Ms. Santos, Flolaine Francois and Mr. Banks.

TV production teacher, Mr. Goldstein treated the crowd to throwback music and performances were brought by the drumline, dance team and cheerleaders.

Play-by-play announcements made by Donnell Mangum and Manager in the Department of Charter Schools Dr. George Lockhart.

With 5:18 left in the third quarter, the game was paused due to a lightning strike and is said to be rescheduled.

About the Writers
Brianna Luberisse, Editor-in-Chief

Greetings earthlings, my name is Brianna but you can call me Bri or B. I am a Junior in the Journalism Academy. Aside from belching Beyonce songs, I like to help people, take pictures and travel. I am currently writing a book on a child’s perspective of life and hope in the future to edit and publish it. Give respect and get respect is my motto. I hope one day to travel the world and see different cultures. I am a Leader not a follower and I pave a way for others to grow. I love my life and hope to live it to the fullest.

Karla Salvador, Staff Writer

Hi! My name is Karla Salvador and I am a freshman doing the Multimedia Academy wheel in Journalism. I enjoy reading, writing and taking pictures. My passion for writing and photography describes me best. I also hope to travel the world and learn new things. Life is short and I think we just have to enjoy it while we can!

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Canes lightning delay”

1. Mr. Hanif on September 1st, 2018 5:14 pm

Huge shout-out to a Varsity Football squad that continues getting in gear. Although you fell behind early, you refused to give in. The lightning postponement actually looked like a mercy for the visitors, because you fought back and were dialing it up to Category 5. Once again the Drumline was jamming, and the Cheerleaders and Dance Team were strutting their stuff. Mr. Goldstein showed papa’s got a brand new bag with that throwback music during the lightning delay, including a timely “R-E-S-P-E-C-T” tribute to Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin. (But students, fix that pre-game playlist; let not even a second of profanity slip in there.) When the audio team honored a music request during the delay and students and parents started dancing The Electric Slide, it was clear there’s no better place for Canes on a Friday night. Kudos also for Dr. Lockhart in the Media Booth schooling students on play-by-play announcing. Building on past efforts, Athletic Director Coach McKay and staff are making the games fun again and the team making us Hurricane Proud. Way to go Canes!

2. Aleana Cornet on September 6th, 2018 9:39 am

Can’t wait for the continuation of the game. Good job Brianna Luberisse, Karla Salvador, Aisha Justima and Mr. Hanif on the article and pictures.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Canes lightning delay

Maritime Tech

Fishing Friday

• Canes lightning delay

School News

Feeling peppy?

• Canes lightning delay

Featured Photos

Friday Fun Day

• Canes lightning delay

Featured Photos

Photo of the Day: Rest in peace

• Canes lightning delay

School News

Halloween tips n’ tricks

• Canes lightning delay

Featured Photos

Playoffs celebration

• Canes lightning delay

Careers

Canes visit Congress

• Canes lightning delay

Careers

What’s Cooking? Ready, set, cook

• Canes lightning delay

School News

Future Canes in the (Open) House

• Canes lightning delay

School News

Football playoff donations

πšƒπ™·π™΄ πš‚πšƒπš„π™³π™΄π™½πšƒ π™½π™΄πš†πš‚ πš‚π™Έπšƒπ™΄ 𝙾𝙡 π™Έπ™½π™»π™΄πšƒ π™Άπšπ™Ύπš…π™΄ π™²π™Ύπ™Όπ™Όπš„π™½π™Έπšƒπšˆ 𝙷𝙸𝙢𝙷 πš‚π™²π™·π™Ύπ™Ύπ™»
Canes lightning delay