Halloween tips n’ tricks

TRICK+OR+TREAT%3A+Hurricanes+will+be+able+to+dress+out+in+their+Halloween+costumes+on+Oct.+31%2C+for+%241+and+participate+in+a+Class+Wars+contest%3B+but+be+warned%2C+there+are+rules.+

Genesis Vicente

TRICK OR TREAT: Hurricanes will be able to dress out in their Halloween costumes on Oct. 31, for $1 and participate in a Class Wars contest; but be warned, there are rules.

On Wednesday, October 31st student will be allowed to wear costumes to school. Each student not in their regular dress code will have to pay a $1.00 at the gate.

• Costumes must conform to Inlet Grove Community High School Dress Code.
  • Costumes may not be demeaning to any ethnic group, race, religion, nationality, disabilities, gender (boys as girls and vice versa), or individual (staff or student) at the school.
  • Costumes may not cause a disruption or distraction to the school program, i.e., no revealing costumes (French maids, nightwear, bathing suits, etc.).
  • No weapons, toy weapons, or props replicating weapons (sorry no lightsabers either!) are to be brought to school.
  • No costumes are allowed that would completely hide the identity of the student, (i.e. Hazmat suit, gorilla suit, “Scream” character.)
  • Face paint shouldn’t cover more than 50% of the face (again we want to know who you are ).
  • Costumes may not show obscene materials or prohibited substances.
  • No full face masks are permitted (they may not be worn OR carried.)

Students, there will also be a costume contest for each grade level in front of the Cafeteria. Do your worst (or best) Canes, and have a happy Halloween!