• Girls soccer play against Sommerset Canyon @ Sommerset Canyon @ 4pm Jan. 16

• Boys Soccer play against Seminole Ridge @ home Jan.17 @ 8 pm

• Varsity girls basketball play against Cardinal Newman @ Cardinal Newman @ 7pm Jan.15

• JV and Varsity Boys basketball game @ home against Cardinal Newman @ 5:30 pm and @7 pm

• 4th annual Car Show, Sat. Feb.9, 2019 @ IGHS from 10 am- 2:30 pm

Filed under Opinion, Showcase

Hopeless for love

CRAZY+FOR+LOVE%3A+One+of+high+school+students%27+biggest+challenges+is+finding+and+making+relationships+with+others%2C+but+some+people+go+too+far.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Hopeless for love

CRAZY FOR LOVE: One of high school students' biggest challenges is finding and making relationships with others, but some people go too far.

Courtesy of www. protemgl.com

Courtesy of www. protemgl.com

Courtesy of www. protemgl.com

Being in high school you witness a lot of romantic relationships. Every corner there is a couple or people who are as we call it, “boo’d up,” this term meaning a couple who are showing affection to one another. There are some people who are not in relationships who often think “what is wrong with me?” or “why can’t I find someone?”

Sometimes it’s just not the right time.

A few students nowadays are too consumed in trying to find a boyfriend or girlfriend or trying to find out what is wrong with them, instead of just letting things flow into place and getting their lives together academic wise. You can never force a relationship, and we believe that throwing yourself at your next victim is not remotely attractive.

Some guys find that as “a sign of desperation,” says Jordan Powery, Senior in the Pre-Law. Jordan believes that a girl who acts in this manner will want to take control of the relationship and will not let him play the male role.

Other guys on the other hand, “like when women are bold, it takes away the awkwardness,” claims Jaylen Joyce, Senior in the Digital Design program. He feels like when girls do that getting to know them will be easier.

As Mr. Hanif would say, “Different strokes for different folks.” Depending on the type of guy you just might get lucky, if you are the type of girl who is very direct and won’t take no for an answer.

On the flip side there are girls who just don’t care about having a boyfriend or a “man” as some would say. They believe that “high school is not all about relationships,” says Jayna Aldophe, Senior in the TV Production.

Although at times it may feel like your secluded since you’re not in a relationship that’s not all there is to high school. High school has so much more to offer than relationships. There are different clubs that you can join, sports you can play, and you can even busy yourself by helping out teachers around the school.

You should not get stuck on you being in a relationship or not. In fact, according to Brandingaille.com, “fewer than two percent of people actually marry their high school sweetheart.”

We believe that you should just let things flow and not throw yourselves at people trying to force something that might not even be worth it.

1 Comment

One Response to “Hopeless for love”

1. Deanna Pientka on December 12th, 2018 7:18 am

I really love the message of this article. The Title “Hopeless for Love” is perfect for describing the situation. Young men and women need to understand if they are “seeking” love, then they need to focus on themselves. You need to learn to love yourself first before you can truely love someone else. Loving yourself means that you are doing what it takes to be the “best” you!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Hopeless for love

Entertainment

2018: Year of the Woman

• Hopeless for love

Opinion

Family time or me time?

• Hopeless for love

Entertainment

Editor’s Pick: ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’

• Hopeless for love

Culinary

What’s Cooking? Texas Roadhouse

• Hopeless for love

Entertainment

Kravis Chronicles: ‘Grease’ is still the word

• Hopeless for love

Features

Coping with sexual assault

• Hopeless for love

Opinion

Letter to the editor: Guns in church

• Hopeless for love

Opinion

Guns in Church

• Hopeless for love

Opinion

Victoria’s real secret? A lack of diversity

• Hopeless for love

News

A woman’s place is on Capitol Hill

𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝚃𝚄𝙳𝙴𝙽𝚃 𝙽𝙴𝚆𝚂 𝚂𝙸𝚃𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝙸𝙽𝙻𝙴𝚃 𝙶𝚁𝙾𝚅𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙼𝚄𝙽𝙸𝚃𝚈 𝙷𝙸𝙶𝙷 𝚂𝙲𝙷𝙾𝙾𝙻
Hopeless for love