Rolling out the red carpet

Graphic by De'Morris Peterson

RECOGNITION: From honor cords for career certifications to merit and scholar diplomas, Senior Awards Night will celebrate achievements in core subjects such as math and English, as well as in career studies and clubs, after a long and unusual year.

De'Morris Peterson, Staff Writer

Senior Awards Night, an annual (now with social distancing) ceremony commemorating the accomplishments of Inlet Grove’s Class of 2021, is set for June 3, 8 and 10 in the school auditorium, said Mrs. Day, Junior/Senior co-sponsor.

Students will be bestowed awards “recognizing their achievements throughout their high school career,” said Mrs. Day, an ELA instructor and one of many teachers and staff members helping to host the event.

Each program will begin at 7:00 p.m., she said.

On June 3, the accomplishments of seniors in the Pre-Law, Pre-Architecture, Pre-Engineering, Marine Technology and Culinary Programs will be celebrated.

Medical Academy students will be recognized on June 8.

June 10 will be dedicated to Multimedia Academy and LPN seniors.

More information will be shared during the final, mandatory Senior Meeting which will take place virtually on May 12 from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m., said Mrs. Day.

All seniors are invited, as well as teachers, staff, and up to four family members of the attending seniors. All are expected to adhere to the school’s social distancing policies to ensure the safety of everyone attending.