Yearbook chronicles

A+YEAR+IN+REVIEW%3A+Yearbook+Advisor+Monica+Rodriguez+criticize++the+Inlet+Groves+recent+Yearbook+while+Editor-in-Chief+Erna+Delice+and+Design+Editor+Jason+Eugene+listens.+

Jay Class

A YEAR IN REVIEW: Yearbook Advisor Monica Rodriguez criticize the Inlet Grove’s recent Yearbook while Editor-in-Chief Erna Delice and Design Editor Jason Eugene listens.

Terrell Jones, Managing Editor

Towards the ending of the summer, Editor-in-Chief Erna Delice and Design Editor Jason Eugene took a trip to the South Florida Yearbook Workshop in Boca Raton at Omni Middle School on July 26-27. Hosted by Veronika Levine, CJE, and Nelson Lopez.

Omni Middle School holds a yearbook workshop every year where they team up with paper education companies to offer online tutoring.

At the workshop they learned more about the works of a yearbook, the basics of design and everything it takes to put a yearbook together. It consisted of four sessions a day.

The 4 sessions covered topics such as beginning photography, marketing, headlines, and captions on Tuesday. Themes, advanced photography, coverage, award winning yearbook, and social media on Wednesday.

“I learned the basics of writing basic captions for the yearbook,” said Jason. “I learned putting our mood on the board can help build the theme,” said Erna.

This year’s speakers were 2021 Pacemaker Recipient Carly Gates from Alexander Dreyfoos School of the Arts, 2019 Crown Winner Ericka Muncy from Jupiter High School, and 2019 Gold key Recipient Sarah Lerner from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

There they had food and drinks to enjoy. Erna won a $25 gift card for the yearbook ice breaker where she had to match the advisors with the questions on a paper.

“It was a good learning experience especially for those new to yearbook,” said Erna, “you learn the basics and what to expect and basically to just tell a story about the school year through a book with pictures.”