Forecasting Events
  • 5/27 Memorial Day
  • 5/28 Canesfest
  • 5/30 Last Day of School
The Student News Site Of Inlet Grove High School

Multimedia Club members covering Canesfest live. Check throughout the day for updates.
Celebratory blowout
12 YEARS LATER: The senior class of 2024 have reached a milestone in their life, as they reflect on all the growth, work, and achievements throughout their k-12 experience. Family, friends, and many more have gathered together to celebrate this last chapter of an era with tears of joy, and laughter.
To new beginnings
Jessica Bureau, Co-Editor
The uncovering
Lovely Marcelus, Photo Editor
ONE DOWN, FOUR TO GO:  Students participate in a Mental Health Week exercise hosted by Ms. Potter in Room 101 during lunch, earning one of the five Get Your Green On stamps needed to earn a raffle ticket.
Photo of the Day: Mindful Monday
Andrew Mongerard, Staff Writer
STAR OF THE NIGHT: Historian Karma McLeod (Right) honors Danjel Saint-Fleur with a Medal for graduating with his Associate of Arts (AA) degree from Palm Beach State College, at Senior Awards Night, held in the auditorium.
Photo of the Day: Awards and recognition
Jessica Bureau, Co-Editor
Keren Joseph
Keren Joseph
Photo Editor
Jeanie Auguste
Jeanie Auguste
Entertainment Editor

Jeans day returns

School Event

High rise jeans, low rise jeans, cargo, skinny, boot cut jeans, jeans in any color or just the classic denim.

A day students get to come out of the dress code, and not wear uniforms. Jeans Day is celebrated on Fridays, and today, Friday, September 1, was the first Jeans Day of the 2023-2024 school year.

“It’s a great day to end the week. I wouldn’t do it on a Monday, it would be boring,” said Mr. Baker, an administrator. “I want students to express themselves because I know our dress code can be kind of strict.”

The rules for Jeans Day are to wear appropriate pants with no rips, and an appropriate t- shirt.

“I think that jeans day is really good,” said Laila Weir, a 10th grader in the Pre-Architecture Academy. “Except for the part we have to pay because paying for your own clothes is wild.”

In order to participate, students have to pay a dollar and show their school ID in the auditorium to receive a wristband to enter campus.

A variety of students did not participate in this occasion. Students that didn’t, had to stay in school uniform dress code. Others did engage to get out of uniform and support the school.

“I didn’t feel like being in uniform, I got a free day to dress out,” said Heshler Nerelus, a 12th grader in the Pre Law Academy. “One dollar helps SGA, sports activities, and the school overall.”

“Jeans day is a wonderful day to enjoy if you like to wear jeans,” said Mr. Morehouse, an English language arts teacher.