Forecasting Events
  • 5/27 Memorial Day
  • 5/28 Canesfest
  • 5/30 Last Day of School
The Student News Site Of Inlet Grove High School

Multimedia Club members covering Canesfest live. Check throughout the day for updates.
Celebratory blowout
12 YEARS LATER: The senior class of 2024 have reached a milestone in their life, as they reflect on all the growth, work, and achievements throughout their k-12 experience. Family, friends, and many more have gathered together to celebrate this last chapter of an era with tears of joy, and laughter.
To new beginnings
Jessica Bureau, Co-Editor
The uncovering
Lovely Marcelus, Photo Editor
ONE DOWN, FOUR TO GO:  Students participate in a Mental Health Week exercise hosted by Ms. Potter in Room 101 during lunch, earning one of the five Get Your Green On stamps needed to earn a raffle ticket.
Photo of the Day: Mindful Monday
Andrew Mongerard, Staff Writer
STAR OF THE NIGHT: Historian Karma McLeod (Right) honors Danjel Saint-Fleur with a Medal for graduating with his Associate of Arts (AA) degree from Palm Beach State College, at Senior Awards Night, held in the auditorium.
Photo of the Day: Awards and recognition
Jessica Bureau, Co-Editor

There’s drama

Jeanica Delice
ACTING OUT: Ms. Frank performed an improv of a foreigner who did not speak English, which caused drama students to laugh while they tried to start a conversation with her.

The drama club is starting at Inlet Grove Community High School with a new person in charge. Aspri Frank, Writer, Director, Producer, and Inlet Grove’s data processor, is the club’s new sponsor.

Ms. Frank defines drama club as a “safe space for students to be able to express their creativity in different ways.”

She plans to do an end-of-the-year play, field trips, and team up with other clubs. She said she wants to see if she can bring her students to watch a few plays at DreamWorks on Clematis. Ms. Frank also said she wants to try to get them out to the Kravis Center.

“A lot of my actors and actresses, SAG(Screen Actors Guild) members, agreed to come and do fun workshops with the students,” said Ms. Frank. 

The club started on Sept. 5th and meetings will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00 to 5:30 p.m. They will be in the Media Center, and snacks are provided. Elections for president and vice president will happen two weeks after the start date.

“It’s really neat taking the skills and the love that I have in being a creative, sharing that with you guys, and also  creating a safe space for that because sometimes you don’t really feel that. Sometimes there’s not a safe space,” said Ms. Frank. 

Ms. Frank owns a production company and wrote a film that won Best Drama at a film festival in California.

“I want to be able to bring that here,” said Ms. Frank.

In the club’s third meeting, Ms. Frank started off with an activity related to communication and team work. She said that the task is necessary for people to feel safe enough to be themselves.

Ms. Frank said she yearns for a drama club that can run itself without the help of a supervisor. She said she wants the students to be able to lead each other and work together.

“Drama this year is a big change from past years. Everyone participates and it feels like a safe place. If you want to have fun and relieve stress, that is the club to join,” said Faith Bell, a Senior in the Medical Academy.

View Comments (1)