Relationships: Are they worth it?

Many people say that relationships begun in high school won’t last.

Statistics show that there’s a 19 percent chance of high school relationships surviving through college.

Many individuals who have never experienced a high school relationship could picture two naïve teens who are taking on more responsibility than they can possibly handle. In many cases, those people are probably right.

Speaking from experience, I am not certain whether my high school relationships are detrimental or advantageous. It is a question that lingers countless hours of the day: Is being in a high school relationship honestly worth it?

The majority of high school students just want to fit in mainly because in high school you’re not sure what you want. High school is where you try to find yourself.

A lot of teens in high school don’t know how to control their emotions, and in a relationship you have to be able to talk things out, not just argue for the majority of the time.

And despite all the arguments in favor of high school relationships, there are also negatives that must be stressed.

With all the drama involved in adolescence, the fact is that a relationship takes away from the things that are truly important at such a fruitful age, mainly a steady and focused education.

Students should focus on such things as getting good grades, applying to universities and getting a higher education, not daydreaming of what to buy a girlfriend for her birthday.

Moreover this generation needs to hold off on any type of relationship that won’t last long, especially in high school.