• March 9th: The SAT will be given here @ Inlet Grove. see Ms.Bonikowski for help/waiver

• Senior prom: April 13th, RSVP in room 505 to attend

• Check out our new podcast, Hurricanes Speak

• First Priority meets in room 301!

• Follow our official Instagram @ighsgrove_watch

Drama Club: A glimpse into the show

Every week on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Drama Club participants get together after school from 3:30-5:30 pm in Room 908 to have a good time.

Club adviser and Spanish instructor Ms. Wiggins said β€œmembership in Drama Club is open to any student willing to do the work, accept constructive criticism, and consistently work to be their best selves.”

There are 14 members in this year’s Drama Club. Alyssa Tenorio, a junior in the TV & Film Academy, encourages other students to get involved.

β€œIf you think you can perform on stage you should join,” she said.

Ms. Wiggins said what she is trying to achieve for her participants is for them to β€œGain confidence personally, academically, and performance-wise.”

She also wants them to achieve positive recognition from peers, faculty, and staff, she said.

Kiara Guerrier, a junior in the Medical Academy, said students who participate and earn 10 points get admitted into the National Thespian Society. Members earn points by showing up to practices and performing a certain role. They may also earn points by performing outside of school at different places, for example a church. Students who earn 100 points get inducted into the National Thespian Honor Society. Guerrier said she no longer is able to participate in the club, however, because she is now dual enrolled at Palm Beach State College.

Ms.Wiggins has arranged for the club to attend District Competitions which will take place Dec. 2 at a location still to be determined.

Observers will see the hours and hours of memorization and rehearsal that it took to make sure every note and word is performed perfectly, and every movement has a purpose, and is executed at exactly the optimum time.

People perform songs and monologues from various plays and musicals, and are judged based upon their performance.

β€œI am confident to perform my act and achieve Critics Choice as my rating from the judges,” Tenorio said.

β€œIf the Club wins, the next step is to go to the State Festival,” Wiggins said. β€œMembers also want to celebrate with a fiesta. A win would be a major achievement since it is the first year Inlet Grove is competing.”

She and the students would like the Hurricanes to cheer on the singers and actors as they take on competition such as the Dreyfoos and G-Star schools of the arts.

1 Comment

One Response to “Drama Club: A glimpse into the show”

1. Pientka on November 6th, 2017 2:37 pm

Drama Club sounds like fun! Great job on the reporting!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Drama Club: A glimpse into the show

Entertainment

Top 10 Valentine’s Day movies

• Drama Club: A glimpse into the show

Entertainment

Memento Mori

• Drama Club: A glimpse into the show

Entertainment

Party Hearty

• Drama Club: A glimpse into the show

Entertainment

Still Chained

• Drama Club: A glimpse into the show

A Day in a Life

Percussionist Parade Perspectives

• Entertainment

GroveWatch TV: Spring wk 3

• Entertainment

GroveWatch TV: Week 2

• Entertainment

PN Stories: Lorie Montrose

• Entertainment

1st annual CHOPS Drumline Battle

• Drama Club: A glimpse into the show

Entertainment

2018: Year of the Woman

πšƒπ™·π™΄ πš‚πšƒπš„π™³π™΄π™½πšƒ π™½π™΄πš†πš‚ πš‚π™Έπšƒπ™΄ 𝙾𝙡 π™Έπ™½π™»π™΄πšƒ π™Άπšπ™Ύπš…π™΄ π™²π™Ύπ™Όπ™Όπš„π™½π™Έπšƒπšˆ 𝙷𝙸𝙢𝙷 πš‚π™²π™·π™Ύπ™Ύπ™»
Drama Club: A glimpse into the show