Forecasting Events
  • 4/17 LPN Application Day
  • 4/20 Prom!
The Student News Site Of Inlet Grove High School

DEVELOPING: In preparation for their upcoming showcase on May 3, Drama Club students, such as Jayla Moore, Ana Sofia Restrepo, and Kaylee Carlow, are practicing a skit created by Ms. Frank.
Photo of the Day 2: Behind the scenes
Ashley Dorantes, Staff Writer
KID TAKE OVER: Coach Fritz brought his 5 year old daughter, Elise Fritz, for Bring Your Child to Work Day and watched as she showed him the new cut she had made while running the 5K with his students.
Photo of the Day: Mini trainer
Keren Joseph, Photo Editor
ENJOYING OUTDOORS: Alexander Bairaktaris, a Senior in the Medical Academy, takes time for himself sitting outside of Building 5.
Photo of the Day: Alone time
Sofia Jervis, Staff Writer
SJW: Freedom of the press
SJW: Freedom of the press
Alaja Depina, Communications Chief
SJW: Freedom of Religion
SJW: Freedom of Religion
JayShawn Talmadge, Staff Writer
Keren Joseph
Keren Joseph
Photo Editor
Elijah Goring
Elijah Goring
Staff Writer
Lovely Marcelus
Lovely Marcelus
Photo Editor

New beginnings

OVERVIEW%3A+Marine+Academy+instructor+Mr.Burt+is++shown+above+teaching+student+Chance+Williams+on+how+to+construct+the+motor+of+a+boat+
Alaja Depina
OVERVIEW: Marine Academy instructor Mr.Burt is shown above teaching student Chance Williams on how to construct the motor of a boat

Mr. Burt is the new Marine Technology teacher, located in Room 707.

“I decided to teach here because of my opportunity to educate and cultivate young minds,” said Mr. Burt.

“Marine Technology educates students on boat engines and boat safety as well as how to prevent accidents,” said Aiyana Lawrence, a Junior in the program.

According to the Inlet Grove website, “The Marine Technology Academy learns the theory of marine engine operation and how to service four-stroke, two-stroke, and diesel engines. This is a hands-on series of classes that enable students to learn.”

Aiyana said she likes Mr. Burt as an instructor and teacher because “he has patience with the class and when students need help he doesn’t hesitate to offer his assistance.”

Mr. Burt has taught for over 17 years and looks forward to continuing at Inlet Grove.

“I like seeing the satisfaction and confidence in my students as their knowledge grows,” said Mr. Burt.

He has not only met the likes of students but those part of the administration

“Mr. Burt is very passionate, and caring and wants to build good for the community and students,” said Mr. Lopez, the Principal of Inlet Grove,” Mr. Burt has lots of experience with the community as well as business and brings a lot of enthusiasm.”