Forecasting Events
  • 4/17 LPN Application Day
  • 4/20 Prom!
The Student News Site Of Inlet Grove High School

DEVELOPING: In preparation for their upcoming showcase on May 3, Drama Club students, such as Jayla Moore, Ana Sofia Restrepo, and Kaylee Carlow, are practicing a skit created by Ms. Frank.
Photo of the Day 2: Behind the scenes
Ashley Dorantes, Staff Writer
KID TAKE OVER: Coach Fritz brought his 5 year old daughter, Elise Fritz, for Bring Your Child to Work Day and watched as she showed him the new cut she had made while running the 5K with his students.
Photo of the Day: Mini trainer
Keren Joseph, Photo Editor
ENJOYING OUTDOORS: Alexander Bairaktaris, a Senior in the Medical Academy, takes time for himself sitting outside of Building 5.
Photo of the Day: Alone time
Sofia Jervis, Staff Writer
SJW: Freedom of the press
SJW: Freedom of the press
Alaja Depina, Communications Chief
SJW: Freedom of Religion
SJW: Freedom of Religion
JayShawn Talmadge, Staff Writer
Elijah Goring
Elijah Goring
Staff Writer
Keren Joseph
Keren Joseph
Photo Editor
Moline Charles
Moline Charles
Photo Editor

Voice at the breakfast

Katherine Griffin offered the Culinary Academy to cook and put together breakfast for the Mayer and other directories.

Chef Hall took this opportunity with his students and said, “The trip fell in line with Florida State Industry Standards.” He continued, “It was a chance for students to receive real industry experience and to start a professional collaborative partnership with the Convention Center.”

Chef Hall and his Culinary Academy students, Stephannie Leo, a Sophomore; Jah Willis, a Senior; and Jazmyn Holmes, a freshman drove up to the Palm Beach County Convention Center from 6:00 a.m. and arrived there at 6:45 a.m.

The Mayor’s Breakfast started at 7:30 a.m. on January 18th. When they arrived at the Convention Center, they were put to work in the kitchen by Chef Nuguid and Chef Henry.

They went in a teamwork formation where there were 5 people on the left side and 6 people on the right side. One person adds a food, pass it on to the next person and they add the next food to the dish.

The dish was scrambled eggs, hash browns, and sausage and if there was anyone vegetarian, there were veggie sausages also.

“I think the preparations were fun and a straight-through procedure. I didn’t feel nervous about messing up, Everyone was helping each other out.” Said Stephanie Leo.

As they prepared the plates for breakfast and when the Mayer and everyone that was attending to the breakfast arrived, they started serving at the Front of the House

Katherine Griffin asked the students to be at the Front of the House where they will be handing the plates to the servers as they came to pick up the plates.

As the breakfast was finished and everyone from the main room was leaving and taking pictures, the staff offered the Culinary students a plate of the breakfast dish and a break.

Now transitioning to the sanitation part of this field trip. The culinary students first helped throw away the waste that was left behind and organized separated the utensils and and glass plates.

Second, after the Culinary students finished, they were called back to the kitchen to now help dry and put away the plates, In the kitchen there was a built-in big fully automatic dish Washing Kitchen Appliance.

“It was tiring washing dishes, my feet hurt at that part and the water was scalding hot.” Said Jah Willis.

Stephanie continued and said, “Even though it was tiring drying and putting away hot-washed plates, Sandra who was one of the staff made it fun because of the jokes she told.”

The chef said he loved seeing his students and lab work as a rubric in a professional setting.

After they finished sanitation, the staff prepared a goodbye lunch with a big vanilla and chocolate cake for executive Chef Nuguid who was promoted to a higher position in another facility.

Before the Culinary students and Chef Hall left, Katherine Griffin pulled them aside and said that the Culinary students were outstanding and that she would love for them to come back for future events.

Now as they walked out of the convection center, Jah Willis said, “The field trip was overall a great experience.”

“I thought the Field trip was fun and I will go on another one again. Also the staff there was there for us especially Naura Haliburton who got our back during this trip. I will prepare myself though of how tiring it was too for next time though,” said Stephanie Leo.