Forecasting Events
The Student News Site Of Inlet Grove High School

DEVELOPING: In preparation for their upcoming showcase on May 3, Drama Club students, such as Jayla Moore, Ana Sofia Restrepo, and Kaylee Carlow, are practicing a skit created by Ms. Frank.
Photo of the Day 2: Behind the scenes
Ashley Dorantes, Staff Writer
KID TAKE OVER: Coach Fritz brought his 5 year old daughter, Elise Fritz, for Bring Your Child to Work Day and watched as she showed him the new cut she had made while running the 5K with his students.
Photo of the Day: Mini trainer
Keren Joseph, Photo Editor
ENJOYING OUTDOORS: Alexander Bairaktaris, a Senior in the Medical Academy, takes time for himself sitting outside of Building 5.
Photo of the Day: Alone time
Sofia Jervis, Staff Writer
SJW: Freedom of the press
SJW: Freedom of the press
Alaja Depina, Communications Chief
SJW: Freedom of Religion
SJW: Freedom of Religion
JayShawn Talmadge, Staff Writer
Moline Charles
Moline Charles
Photo Editor
Jeanie Auguste
Jeanie Auguste
Entertainment Editor

SJW: Who’s your staff?

Jessica Bureau: She is a junior in the Medical Academy, who is also the Co-Editor and Yearbook Editor. “I don’t think I chose journalism, it’s more like journalism chose me.” Jessica said she was introduced to journalism when she took Mr. Hanifs’s class during her freshman year. “The first time I had a camera in my hands was the pre-season football game of 2021. I called Mr. Hanif on my way to the game and told him I wanted to take pictures. Of course, this was after he asked the class who wanted to go, and I was being shy.” She said it took less than 10 minutes before she became a mini-pro in photography, which led to her being the Sports Editor. Throughout her 3 years of being active in journalism, she won awards from FSPA including an Honorable mention for a yearbook spread and sports news submission in the Multimedia category at an FSPA District 7 workshop. “Journalism has introduced me to new activities, interests, and skills I never thought of before.” Other than being a journalist, Jessica likes watching series, eating, playing volleyball, and flag football. “As I get older,  I would like to pursue a career in the Medical field, and use my skills of photography as a hobby/slide hustle.”

Elijah Goring: He is a senior in the Wed Design Academy and an Early Admin student. Elijah was introduced to journalism his Freshman year, and got more involved during his sophomore year. “That’s where I joined the Multimedia Club, met the Editor-in-Cheif Erna, and I worked on the yearbook later that year because I found photography and socializing in the yearbook club fun.”  Elijah said working in journalism has allowed him to experience many things he hasn’t heard of before and to meet interesting and important people. Goring has a certification in Adobe Photoshop and a certification in Adobe Dreamweaver.

Alaja Depina:  She is a junior in the journalism program and the Communications Chief. During the second semester, Alaja had a journalism class in the third period which sometimes led her to encounter students from the multimedia class when she arrived early. At the time, she didn’t realize she was walking in with students who worked hard for the multimedia club. In the last week of January 2023, Mr. Hanif announced that the multimedia club was opening up again and they were looking for new members. Something in Alaja’s gut told her to join the club. At the beginning of February, Alaja attended the club and meet new students who she would later work with in the future. “At first, when I joined, I was pretty nervous and shy. I felt out of place because I didn’t know anything, not even how to work a camera.” said Alaja, “yet over time I learned how to take pictures and better understand different aspects of different areas in journalism”.

Christelle Francois:  She is a Senior in Medical Academy and Co-Editor of the Publication Team. “I joined journalism my junior year because I enjoyed the excitement of teaching other students about Journalism, attending events, and capturing important moments.” Francois said working in the Journalism Academy impacted her because it made her more social and helped her interact with people she’s not used to. Outside of school, Francois’ hobbies are cheering and doing hair. 

Ashley St Jean: He is a junior in the Web Design program and Co-Editor of The Publication Team. Ashley said he joined journalism in his second semester of sophomore year. “I was doing well in Hanif’s class and I was looking for something to do outside of academies. I also liked the staff at the time.” Despite being a journalism student for a year, Ashley has shown off his skills to the team and produced the school’s first online magazine with the help of the Mnagaize team. “I have definitely become a better writer through journalism and I’ve met a lot of cool people.” He said he likes to read, code, play games, watch movies, and series. “Something I’ve started doing is volunteering outside of school, and study a bit at home.”

Lovely Marcelus: She is a Sophomore in the Pre-Law Academy and the top Photo Editor on the Publication team. “My journalism journey began my freshman year when I had Photo Journalism. It piqued my interest because I was the one capturing the photos that we’d be looking back at years from now.” Marcelus said working in the Journalism career has not only exposed her to photography but the other fields of journalism, including going to events. Outside of school, Marcelus said she likes to read crime, and drama books, sleep, and do poetry. 

Jeanie Auguste: She is a Junior in the Medical Academy and Entertainment Editor of the Publication Team.“I joined journalism because it gives ways to obtain information and learn new things and write stories on what’s going on around the world.” she said. “whether it’s local or not, l can get them published and find a passion in writing which I do when it comes to something interesting like writing books.” her hobby is to cook and do nails. She is a nail tech and she loves to learn new designs and interact with people.

Keren Joseph: She is a junior in the Medical Academy who’s a dual enrollment student, and one of our photo editors. “I joined Mr. Hanif’s photojournalism class during my sophomore year.” She said she originally had the idea of just wanting to take pictures and didn’t have the idea of doing anything more. “Throughout the class, I learned valuable skills that were beyond my expectations as in how to effectively use a photo to tell a story.” On her free time, Keren said she likes to do art commissions and listen to music.  

View Comments (7)