Forecasting Events
The Student News Site Of Inlet Grove High School

DEVELOPING: In preparation for their upcoming showcase on May 3, Drama Club students, such as Jayla Moore, Ana Sofia Restrepo, and Kaylee Carlow, are practicing a skit created by Ms. Frank.
Photo of the Day 2: Behind the scenes
Ashley Dorantes, Staff Writer
KID TAKE OVER: Coach Fritz brought his 5 year old daughter, Elise Fritz, for Bring Your Child to Work Day and watched as she showed him the new cut she had made while running the 5K with his students.
Photo of the Day: Mini trainer
Keren Joseph, Photo Editor
ENJOYING OUTDOORS: Alexander Bairaktaris, a Senior in the Medical Academy, takes time for himself sitting outside of Building 5.
Photo of the Day: Alone time
Sofia Jervis, Staff Writer
SJW: Freedom of the press
SJW: Freedom of the press
Alaja Depina, Communications Chief
SJW: Freedom of Religion
SJW: Freedom of Religion
JayShawn Talmadge, Staff Writer
Moline Charles
Moline Charles
Photo Editor
Jeanie Auguste
Jeanie Auguste
Entertainment Editor
Keren Joseph
Keren Joseph
Photo Editor

SJW: Story behind the Press

Power of the Press

Question of the Week: What is the most common news platform today? (The answer is at the end of the article.)

Being a Journalism student at Inlet Grove has strengthened many students’ skills in photography, writing, and communication. You don’t even have to be in the journalism academy to participate in the events the Multimedia team produces. Many students in the Multimedia team, including the top editors, are in the medical or digital design career. 

Many students ask, “What does the Multimedia team do?”, “What trips do they go on and why?”, “Is it fun?.” 

The truth is, being a part of the Multimedia team, or what Mr. Hanifs likes to call us, “The J-Canes”, has improved our skills in ways we never would thought of when we first started.

“I joined the multimedia team during the fall of my sophomore year,” said Keren Joseph, a Junior in the Medical Academy and photo editor. “I believe my journalistic skills have drastically improved from the day I entered Mr. Hanif’s photojournalism class, till now. The class gave me the groundwork of the basic skills needed, but my peers in our team helped expand them by giving me further advanced advice.”

Multimedia Club 

The Multimedia Club invites all students who are interested in news publication, photography, editorials, drawing, and people who want to show off their skills. Most members participate in our school news website, Grovewatch. Grovewatch not only allows students but also parents, teachers, and other schools to read and watch what events are being held at our school. The Multimedia team is also exposed to trips like Florida Scholastic Press Association (FSPA), yearbook workshops, and many more. 

“My favorite trip with Multimedia would be FSPA,” said Lovley Marcelus, the top Photo Editor. “Even though we were doing something that involved school, we all got to hang out and get to know each other better.”

Yearbook Team

From going to summer workshops, 3-day field trips, and critiques from yearbook advisers, the yearbook has increased our skills in creativity and editing. As the Yearbook editor of this year, working with editors-in-chief from my freshman and sophomore years has led to the groundwork of what I should look for and expect when producing my yearbook.

“It was also a challenge for most of us since it was our first time working on the yearbook,” said Alaja Depina, the Communication Editor. “I was a little scared of how the yearbook would come out as we started struggling in the beginning. However, the team overcame and pushed through the struggles. The best thing about working on the yearbook is that it gives students something to look back on in the future.” 

The yearbook team not only creates the book itself, but they also have to plan out everything they do. This includes planning to cover events, scheduling meetings with our yearbook critique adviser Ms. Levine, scheduling meetings with Cady Studio, and many more. 

Forecast Magazine 

Magazines are used to share literature and drawing to certain groups of people interested in different genres. One of our first Forecast Magazines produced was in 2012 called “: Wear It Louder!” The magazine contained topics like careers, features, news stories, poems, and extra activities. 

Our latest magazine was produced online for the first time in Canes’ history. The team consisted of Co-Editor Ashley St Jean, and members Honey Hernandez Sanders, Kelis Cureton, Jayla Joseph, Luis Gonazales Robles, Destiny Frazier, and Justin Pearson. The team used Heyzine Flip to produce the magazine. The magazine can be found at https://grovewatch.com/.  

Question of the Week: What is the most common news platform today? The answer is New York Times

View Comments (2)